Returning a Blue Badge
You must return a Blue Badge to the issuing local authority if:
- The badge has expired
- Your medical condition or mobility improves and you are no longer eligible
- A replacement badge has been issued for one that is lost or stolen and the original is found (the original badge must be returned)
- The badge becomes damaged or faded and is illegible
- The badge is no longer required, for example if you are confined to the house
- The badge holder has died
If you have an organisational badge you must additionally return the badge if:
- The organisation has ceased to exist
- The organisation no longer cares for people who would qualify for a Blue Badge in their own right
The address to return Blue Badges issued by Herefordshire Council is:
Blue Badge Section,
Or can be hand delivered to Blueschool House, Blueschool Street, Hereford, during office hours only which are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (please note there is no post facility outside these times).
If you continue to display the badge when you no longer need it you may be fined up to £1,000.