Research and copying service
Our researchers are happy to help with your enquiries. Our services include:
- Genealogical enquiries - ranging from fully researched family history to help with a particular problem
- House histories - depending on the records available, these can be difficult and time-consuming. Please send a plan showing the location of the property
- Local history - we hold a wealth of material for researching a particular locality
- Geographical surveys - we hold a wide range of ordnance survey, tithe and enclosure maps
- Transcriptions of documents
- Translation of Latin documents
- Photocopying of documents - subject to copyright law and the condition of the document. We can photograph records if it is not possible to photocopy them
Please note that our researchers cannot give legal opinions or advice and should not be asked to do so.
Fees 2018/19 inclusive of VAT
We charge £18 per half hour pro rata for research, plus copying costs and postage if applicable. For businesses the fee is £24 per half hour, plus copying costs and postage if applicable.
If you would like to place a time or cost limit on your research, please feel free to do so.
We aim to answer all enquiries, in order of receipt, within ten working days. However, if your enquiry is urgent, we can begin the work at once, but will make a higher charge of £36 per half hour or £48 for businesses. Copying costs and postage charges are extra.
The full postage rate will be charged for all mailings of copies and research reports.
You can pay by sterling cheque or money order, or credit or debit card. We cannot accept payment in foreign currency or non-sterling cheques or money orders. The details of how to pay are in the invoice, which is sent to you on completion of the research or copying work, along with a copyright form if this is required. When we receive your payment (and completed copyright declaration form, where applicable) we will send your research results and copies to you.