Have you ever thought of getting involved at election time by either working at a polling station or assisting in the counting of votes? Do you have spare time throughout the year to go door-knocking as part of the annual canvass of households?
Herefordshire Council's electoral services team are always on the lookout for motivated and dynamic staff to fill any vacancies that may occur, and we would love to hear from you if you are interested in becoming involved.
To undertake election or canvassing duties you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be entitled to work in the UK (in accordance with the provisions of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996)
- If successful, prior to taking up your appointment, you must provide proof of right to work in the UK with the required evidence
- Polling and count staff must not work on behalf of a candidate during an election campaign, nor be related to a prospective candidate
- Polling and count staff must consent to working in excess of the normal working hours provided for by the working time directive.
We have a range of different job roles available listed on the following pages along with a brief description and details of fees.