Join the library and renew loans
You can join the library in any branch or if you are 16 or over you can join the library by completing the online membership form. Your joining pack, including your library card, will be posted out to you within a few days providing you with instant library membership. You will be able to borrow two books, use online resources and public computers.
For an upgrade to full membership, call into a library with identification showing your name and current address. This will give you access to all library services and if used regularly, your card is valid for life.
Our collections include reference and lending books, talking books and DVDs as well as maps, newspapers and other media.
Membership enables you to:
- Borrow up to 12 books for three weeks
- Borrow up to 12 talking books for three weeks
- Borrow up to 12 eBooks and 12 eAudio books for three weeks
- Hire up to six DVDs
- Use our free computers and broadband internet access
- Use our free reservation for items in the Herefordshire library catalogue
- Use our self-service photocopying
- Make suggestions for stock by filling in a suggestion slip at your local library
- Make requests for titles not on the Herefordshire catalogue using our suggestion form or our inter library loans service
- Free access to our substantial online resources
Please note: not all services are available at all sites. For information on what is available at each library site use our library finder
You can return books to any Herefordshire library - it doesn't have to be the one you borrowed them from.
Renew your library loans
You can renew books in person, on the telephone or online provided they are not already requested
- If one of your items has been requested by another reader you can renew for an additional 2 days to allow time to return the item before incurring any charges. The 2 day renewal runs from the date you make this loan extension
- DVDs, games and talking books cannot be renewed online or over the telephone. Repeat hire charges are applicable for each subsequent loan period or part of a loan period, and are payable on return
Update your details
Please complete our update details form.