The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities. It sets out exemptions from that right and imposes a number of obligations on local councils.
As part of this, we are required to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. This is a scheme which sets out:
- The classes of information that we publish or intend to publish
- In what form we publish or intend to publish it
- Whether the material is intended to be available to the public free of charge or not
If there is a charge, details of the charge will be found on the relevant web page that the scheme directs you to.
We are committed to a policy of open access to information where possible and the operation of this publication scheme is seen as a welcome opportunity to promote this ethos. It includes details on the following areas:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by the council
Guide to the publication scheme
The majority of information is available free and through this website. Where we are unable to do this we give details of who to contact to arrange for a copy of the information to be sent to you, or where to come and view it. If you cannot find information or details of how to get information which you think should be available in the publication scheme, please make a request directly to the council, using the Freedom of Information request form.