Direct payments card
Your direct payment can now be paid to a payment card account. You pay for services in the same way that you pay for goods with a bank or debit card. Your provider can contact us if they have any queries about the card. The payment card account is great because:
- The council can view your account online, which means you don't need to send your accounts to the council. You just need to keep all your receipts
- They are safe and easy to use - you can pay for all your services and activities using the card
- You can make payments online via a bank transfer, direct debit or standing order or in person using chip and pin or through telephone banking, making it easier to purchase activities at a wider range of places
- You don't need a bank account to have a card, the council will open the account for you
- You can ask for a named person to have a card on your behalf
To find out more, contact a direct payments officer by email email@example.com or call 01432 260060.