We use cookies

Severe weather conditions - Flooding

Herefordshire is experiencing significant and widespread flooding. Please avoid any unnecessary travel and do not enter flood water.

Evidence of National Insurance number

We need one document to confirm your National Insurance number and one to confirm your partner's National Insurance number, if you have a partner. All documents must be original and not photocopies and could be:

  • P45 or P60
  • Letter from HM Revenue and Customs about tax or tax credit
  • Bank statements showing payments by direct debit for class-2 National Insurance contributions, or benefit payments received showing your NINo on the statement, for example, Incapacity Benefit or State Pension
  • Payslips, salary statement or works pension statement (as long as it shows your NINo)
  • Letter that the Pension Service or Jobcentre Plus has sent to you (not handwritten)
  • NINo card (not handwritten)

See the government website for more about National Insurance and how to apply for a National Insurance number, if you don't have one.