Evidence of income, savings and capital

We will ask you to provide evidence of your income and any savings or investments you may have. The following are examples of documents we accept. All documents must be original documents, not photocopies.

  • Self employed earnings form
  • Payslips. For you and your partner these must be for the last five weeks if you are paid weekly, or the last two months if you are paid monthly. All payslips must follow each other, with no gaps. For other people living with you, we can accept payslips for the last two weeks if they are paid weekly, or the last month if they are paid monthly
  • Your latest pension statement, student financial support notice or latest trading accounts
  • Your latest Child Benefit award letter from the Child Benefit Office, showing your current address, or your recent bank or building society statement showing payment of Child Benefit. We don't count your income from Child Benefit, but we need evidence that you get Child Benefit for your dependent children so that we know they are part of your household.
  • Your latest benefit award letter from Jobcentre Plus or The Pension Service, or tax credit award letter from HM Revenue and Customs
  • Bank, building society or post office account passbooks or statements. Statements must show all transactions for the last two full months. We can accept internet banking statements printed by you if they include the website address, name of the account holder, account number and sort code. We can't accept mini statements that just show a balance. For a post office card account we will accept just your latest statement
  • Share certificates or dividend statements for stocks, shares or bonds