Apply for a secondary school place
The online application service for transfer to secondary school, September 2019 is now closed.
If you need help with making an application or have any questions about the phase transfer admissions please contact:
- Telephone: Dawn Skyrme 01432 260925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: School Admissions, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane Offices, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE
Parents of children resident outside Herefordshire
If you are not resident in Herefordshire then you should obtain admission details from your home local authority (LA), even if your preferences include schools within Herefordshire. (The 'home' LA is defined as the local authority relevant to the child's home address - to whom you pay your council tax).
If you wish to apply for a place at any Herefordshire school, you must complete an application provided by your 'home' LA. The 'home' LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Herefordshire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places.
National offer date 1 March 2019
- If you applied online you will receive an automatic email
- If you applied on a paper copy you will receive a letter in the post
Request for an alternative school to be made by 15 March 2019
Outcome of request for alternative school w/c 1 April 2019
Deadline date for appeals - 20 April 2019
Appeals to be heard May to July 2019