We use cookies

Coronavirus information

Information on how coronavirus is affecting our services across the county and the latest updates

Marriage and civil ceremonies

Herefordshire is a beautiful county and offers a wide range of venues. View our Celebrate in Herefordshire wedding and ceremonies guide (PDF) for information and ideas for your wedding or civil partnership.

A ceremony must be held in a permanent building and can take place at one of our register offices or other premises approved by Herefordshire Council (for example a hotel, castle or country house). If you don't live in Herefordshire you can still hold your ceremony in the county. You will need to give notice of marriage in the district in which you live. You should first contact our ceremony co-ordinator to check availability and when you have chosen your date and agreed this with the venue, you should book a Registrar to attend the ceremony.

You can find all the information and guidance you need to get married on the government's web pages on marriages and civil partnerships.