Enquire now for more information about fostering
Fill out an enquiry form to receive an information pack and a call from us.Enquire now
Why foster with us?
Every week we hear from people who are curious about joining our register of foster carers. Here are a few reasons why we feel fostering for your local council beats fostering for an agency:
- We can offer extensive training and require you to complete four training sessions a year at a minimum - this is at no cost to you
- We will always attempt to place children with our own foster carers before approaching outside agencies
- We don't profit from fostering - our sole purpose and commitment is to find the right loving carer for the children who need them
- We value your time and experience and will offer you professional fees and allowances to cover all the essentials
What will we give back to you?
Fostering is an extremely rewarding career with some added benefits from us to you.
- We will ensure that you are fully trained and fully supported
- You will receive an excellent allowance that covers all costs
- We will allocate your own dedicated social worker to support you whenever needed
- You will also be able to contact a 24-hour support line
- We recognise the hard work of our foster carers and will provide an allowance of paid respite breaks
- Your training will be held locally and at no cost to you
- Herefordshire based carers will receive 100% Council Tax discount
- You will receive a paid membership to The Fostering Network, which comes with a long list of benefits including discounts on holidays, short breaks and top UK attractions
What our carers say
"Hi, I'm Julie. I've been a foster carer with Herefordshire Council for 29 years, providing a safe home for children and teenagers. Placements can be for just a couple of weeks or long term and Herefordshire Council provide all the training and support you need. Helping these young people to develop is really rewarding and you get a great sense of personal achievement. Fostering has added a new dimension to our family life - I would recommend it to anyone who feels they can make a difference." Julie Powell has been fostering for 29 years.
"I'm Sarah, I'm a foster carer for Herefordshire Council and have been for nine years. To watch the transformation of a little one's life and seeing them flourish, there really is nothing more rewarding. Herefordshire Council provide all the training and support we need. We've welcomed children of all ages into our home, some for short periods and some for up to seven years. Fostering has changed our lives, it has shaped us as a family. We would recommend fostering to anyone." Sarah Wixey has been fostering for nine years.