Kington Household Recycling Centre is located on Eardisley Road, opposite the Kington Surgery. The site is operated by Severn Waste Services Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council.
- Covid-19 information
Site currently closed
Household Recycling Centres in Kington, Bromyard, Ledbury and Ross-on-Wye remain closed for the time being, until available staffing resource will permit these sites to reopen.
The council is keen to open additional sites when it can, however its first priority has been to be able to provide a restricted the service at its two largest facilities where our contractor is able to put in place the additional measures required to protect both staff and the public.
- 01544 231184
- What can you recycle?
- Paper and cardboard
- Glass jars and bottles
- Plastic bottles
- Textile banks
- Green waste
- Household batteries
- Electrical appliances
- Fluorescent tubes and energy saving lightbulbs
- Automotive batteries
- Used engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Food and drink cans
- Soil and rubble
- Wood and timber
- Printer cartridges
- Chemicals (including non-water based paints)
- Gas bottles
- Waste to landfill (including water based paints)
- Find out where to recycle a particular item
- Green waste and compost
Please be advised that green waste bigger than 2 metres in length, and 100mm in diameter cannot be accepted on compactor sites as indicated above.
You can buy Green Grow soil conditioner made from your composted green waste at a cost of £2 per bag.
- Household recycling centre rules
- Only your own household waste can lawfully be deposited at household recycling centres in Herefordshire
- No commercial or business waste is accepted
- No clinical waste is accepted
- Soil and hard-core are not classified as household waste, but you may bring it if the waste is a result of doing work to your own home
- A commercial vehicle and trailer (CVT) permit scheme is in operation to restrict use of commercial vehicles and trailers over 1.3m in length. You must apply for a permit in advance if you wish to use a commercial vehicle or trailer to bring your household waste to a site
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site
- Staff on site will be happy to help you, please ask if you require assistance
- Further information