- Information held about you
To allow you to book a slot at a household recycling centre, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Your name, address, email address, car registration and category of waste being disposed of
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection law. Worcestershire County Council are providing this service on behalf of Herefordshire Council. Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the information, and Worcestershire County Council are the data processor.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- To enable you to book a time to visit a household recycling centre with a booking system in place. The information will allow a slot to be booked and the booking details sent to you via email
- Allow Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council staff to check details in case of an error with a booking
- Allow Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council staff to understand how residents are using the site and the reasons for using the site
- Allow Herefordshire Council or Worcestershire Council County to contact you in case of closure or change in operating circumstances at the household recycling centre you have a booking for
- Allow Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council staff to check that you are a Herefordshire resident and that you are eligible to use the service
- Allow Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council staff to check for misuse of the system by a user and potential misuse of the site
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Legal obligation - Under section 51 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Herefordshire Council have a duty to provide places at which persons resident in its area may deposit their household waste
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority - to avoid congestion on the public highway
- Who we will share your information with
We will share your car registration with partner organisations, including with our Waste Disposal Contractor, Severn Waste Services, to allow site staff to check your booking when you enter the site.
We may share further information with partner organisations, including with our Waste Disposal Contractor, Severn Waste Services, including your name, car registration and contact details. This would only occur in limited circumstances to solve any issues that may occur with your booking.
We may share your information with other departments within Herefordshire Council to investigate misuse of the site.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for a period of 12 months after the date of your booking. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact Waste Management at Herefordshire Council, 01432 260051, in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- February 2023