Under the Freedom of Information Act, we are required to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. The council has adopted the Information Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme
The scheme sets out the information we publish as a matter of routine. It is intended to make sure that a wide range of information is easily available without the need to make a specific request for it. We are committed to a policy of open access to information where possible and the operation of this scheme is seen as a welcome opportunity to promote this ethos.
The publication scheme sets out:
- The classes of information that we publish or intend to publish
- In what form we publish or intend to publish
- Whether the material is intended to be available to the public free of charge or not
If there is a charge, details of that charge will be found on the relevant web page that the guide directs you to.
The publication scheme includes details on the following areas:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by the council
Guide to the publication scheme
The majority of information is available free and through this website. Where we are unable to do this we give details of who to contact to arrange for a copy of the information to be sent to you, or where to come and view it. If you cannot find information or details of how to get information which you think should be available in the publication scheme, please make a request directly to the council, using the Freedom of Information request form.
If you wish to complain about the publication scheme please contact the Information Governance Team at email@example.com