Apply to carry out work on trees in a conservation area

You must notify us, six weeks in advance of all proposed tree works in conservation areas. This is so that we can consider whether to serve a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).

The quickest and easiest way to do this is online using the Planning Portal website. The Planning Portal guides you to the application you need and the documents you must provide, where relevant and you will be able to save and come back to your application if you need to. We receive applications submitted via the Planning Portal the next working day.

View Herefordshire conservation areas

A suitably qualified and insured tree surgeon should carry out the tree work to British Standard 3998: 2010 Tree Work - Recommendations.

There are fines for non-compliance with conservation area provisions in relation to trees.