Herefordshire Language Network
The Herefordshire Language Network is the council’s in-house language agency. We provide face-to-face, video, and telephone interpreting, as well as text translation. All members of the Network are trained (to various levels) and adhere to a code of conduct that ensures confidentiality and impartiality. We offer work to local interpreters and translators whenever possible, to support the Herefordshire economy.
Work with us as an interpreter
We are always looking for new interpreters to join the Network, particularly people who speak less common languages such as Kurdish, Pashto, Turkish, Latvian, Bengali, Urdu, Gujarati, Tamil, Thai, Tigrinya, Oromo, Farsi, Vietnamese, Amharic, Korean and anyone fluent in British Sign Language (minimum NVQ Level 3). However all languages are welcome.
We are looking for people who:
- have an extremely high standard of verbal fluency in English and one other language
- are prepared to attend local interpreter training (if they don’t already have a recognised interpreting qualification)
- have a good understanding of public services both in the UK and the country where their other language is spoken
- are professional, confident, reliable, organised and committed to providing excellent customer service
- are prepared to carry out independent research into terminology as necessary, and improve their own knowledge
- live in or around Herefordshire
- are eligible to work in the UK and are aged over 21
- are willing to work on a freelance basis (this means you must register as self-employed and declare your earnings to HM Revenue & Customs)
Work with us as a translator
We generally work only with translators who have a recognised translation qualification. If you live locally we would love to hear from you, so please apply to join the Network.
For more information, contact us on 01432 260216 or email@example.com