Register a new property name

Please be aware that if your property is numbered then you will need also need to register it with street naming and numbering.

To register a new property name you must:

  • Be the owner of the property
  • Inform Building Services SNN by completing our online property name change form 
  • Include a location map indicating the property
  • Pay the administration fee

Apply online to register a new property name

We will:

  • Check the name change with the Royal Mail
  • Inform you if changing your house name will conflict with any other property in the area, as this can cause problems with credit ratings and the emergency services
  • Notify the following, once the name has been approved by the Royal Mail: council departments, the land registry, police, water companies and two major credit reference companies

The above also applies to commercial properties. If you would like any further information regarding house name changes and registrations please contact us.

Building control street naming contact details

For applications or enquiries for street naming or numbering, house name changes, or registering a new house name

Address: Herefordshire Council Building Control, Council Offices, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE
Send Email