Change your house name
You need to apply to change the name of your house as it is legally recorded on the Electoral Register.
To make a change to a house name you must:
- Be the owner of the house. If you are a tenant, or you are purchasing the property and the contracts have not yet exchanged, we cannot proceed with your request.
- Inform street naming and numbering by completing our online house name change form
- Include a location map indicating the property
- Pay the administration fee
Apply and pay online for a house name change
- Check the name change with the Royal Mail
- Inform you if changing your house name will conflict with any other property in the area, as this can cause problems with credit ratings and the emergency services
- Notify council departments, the land registry, police, water companies and two major credit reference companies of the name change
If your property has a number and a street name, you cannot remove the house number, without informing us and getting agreement from the whole street.
Building control street naming contact details
For applications or enquiries for street naming or numbering, house name changes, or registering a new house nameAddress: Herefordshire Council Building Control, Council Offices, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE Send Email