Higher education and service children
SCiP Alliance research undertaken by McCullouch and Hall in 2016 (PDF), found that four out of ten service children who have the ability to progress into higher education are unlikely to do so.
The following sites provide information and support to service children who wish to progress to higher education.
- The SCiP Alliance offers guidance to support a service child and their school when writing their University applications.
- The Ministry of Defence guidance page Higher education for Service Children has links to key information about higher education for service children. The page includes information on funding, applying for university and top tips.
- UCAS has a specific information page to support service children applying for higher education.
- The Office for Students (OfS) published a topic briefing in July 2020 titled ‘Children from military families’. The topic briefing has links to various resources and examples to support higher education providers.
- The three Families Federations have information pages providing further information on access to higher education: