Home visiting service for help with benefits claims
If you are not able to leave your home either because of disabilities or caring responsibilities and need support with welfare benefits, you can request a home visit. This service is provided by Herefordshire Council together with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Visiting Team.
We can help by:
- Providing you with information about the benefits you may be entitled to
- Helping you to claim, and verifying supporting documents for you
- Telling you about other services that may be able to help you
You can find out more about what to expect from a visit by the DWP Visiting Team.
They can help you with claiming any of these benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Bereavement Payments
- Carers Allowance
- Council Tax Reduction
- Disability Living Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance
- Funeral Payments
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payments
- State Retirement Pension
To find out more about these benefits you can visit Benefits - GOV.UK
To request a home visit, please complete our online referral form or phone us on 01432 383444.