Getting help to make a Universal Credit claim

Universal Credit can only be claimed online. If you do not have access to the internet at home, there are places in Herefordshire with free public wifi and computer access where you can make your online application yourself.

The Citizens Advice Help to Claim service can support you with making a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your first full payment. Help to Claim includes support to:

  • Set-up your Universal Credit account
  • Complete your claim to-dos
  • Verify your identity
  • Make sure you're providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
  • Understand what Universal Credit will mean for you

It's a free, independent, confidential and impartial service provided by trained advisers from Citizens Advice.

Call for free for support over the telephone or to be put in touch with your nearest face to face service:

  • 0800 144 8 444 (England)
  • 08000 241 220 (Wales)

You can also get support online or find your nearest face to face service at Citizens Advice Help to Claim.

Find out more information about Universal Credit on the Citizens Advice website.