Support from a welfare benefits advisor
Extra help with claiming or appealing more complex benefits issues
If you need extra support because you have a disability or have difficulty coping with the demands of the benefit claims processes at the time when you need access to a service, our welfare benefits advisors can help. They can provide advice on complex benefit problems and can support you with making an appeal against Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits.
We have a weekly advice line and you can request a telephone appointment if you have a problem with benefits, such as:
- Benefit stopped or sanctioned
- Claim refused
- Found fit for work
- Asked to pay welfare benefit money back
To request a telephone appointment with a welfare benefits advisor, please contact the team by calling: 01432 383444 or use our online referral form.
The team can help by:
- Providing welfare benefits advice by telephone and email
- Negotiating with DWP
- Explaining the law relating to welfare benefits
- Preparing your case
- Representing your case at an appeal tribunal in writing or in person.