What you'll need to make a claim for Universal Credit

Universal Credit can only be claimed online.

To make a claim for Universal Credit, you’ll need:

  • Your National Insurance number
  • Your address
  • Details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
  • Your tenancy agreement (if you have one) and rent that you pay
  • Your landlord's address and phone number
  • Details of your savings
  • Details of any income that’s not from work
  • Details of any other benefits you’re getting
  • Your childcare costs
  • Your child benefit reference numbers for your children 

You may also need these details for your partner and other people who live in your home.

View the map for places where there is public wifi access and access to public pcs