Herefordshire Council is committed to maintaining a self and custom build register. This is so we can match your demand for self and custom build opportunities to available land supply, now and in the future.
The register includes:
- Self-build (where you directly organise the design and construction of your new home)
- Custom build (where you work with a specialist developer to help deliver your own home)
- Community led housing
- Residential refurbishment of disused buildings
You can read more about why councils maintain a register in the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 (as amended by the Housing and Planning Act 2016).
To be eligible you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- A British citizen, a national of a EEA State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland
- Looking for a serviced plot of land, in the Herefordshire Council area, to build a property that will be your sole or main residence
Tell us about sites suitable for self or custom build housing
If you would like to suggest a site, please contact the Planning policy team for information and advice.