How to get involved
Anyone can be a wildlife recorder!
We are interested in records of any wildlife within the county.
Why not start by sending in the information about what you see in your garden or on your favourite walk?
You can probably identify more things than you realise! Identification of some things can be tricky, some species are easily mistaken for others. If in doubt, make notes and ideally take a picture. There are many resources available to help you, check your local library or try online, for example iSpot, where you can upload your photos for others to view.
Herefordshire has a large number of active experienced recorders and naturalists who are often willing to help budding recorders develop their skills. Many of these belong to groups focussed on their particular interest. Why not try contacting those that interest you for more information:
- Herefordshire Mammal Group
- Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team
- Herefordshire Botanical Society
- Butterfly Conservation West Midlands branch
- Herefordshire and Worcester Moth group
- Herefordshire Fungus Survey Group
- Herefordshire Ornithological Club
- Herefordshire Badger Group
There are also other fascinating volunteering opportunities available with Herefordshire Council