Electric car charging points
There are electric vehicle charging points in 11 car parks across the county. There is no charge for the electricity but standard parking charges apply. You can find a map of all electric charging points across Herefordshire and the rest of the UK, as well as live information on availability, on the Plugged in Midlands website.
If a charging point shows a fault, looks damaged or if you experience any problems when using it, please ring the 24 hour helpline number: 0330 0165126.
To use the charging points in Herefordshire you must:
- Have a 'Type 2 connector' for your vehicle
- Have a 'Polar' card or mobile phone with you
Charging point locations
- St Martins Avenue (fast charger) – Up to 4 hours free parking for electric vehicles whilst recharging in the two reserved bays, Monday to Saturday 8am to 6.30pm
- Garrick Multi Storey (fast chargers) - located on Floor 3. Accessed via the down ramp from Floor 4 to Floor 3.
- Plough Lane Council Offices, HR4 0LE (fast chargers) - staff and visitors only in the week, general public at weekends and bank holidays
- Shirehall (fast charger) - staff and visitors only in the week, general public at weekends and bank holidays
- Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre, HR2 6LA (fast charger) - car park open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday only. Closed bank holidays and Christmas fortnight
- Venns Close car park (fast charger)
- Mill Street car park (fast charger)
- St Katherines car park (fast charger)
- Etnam Street car park (fast charger)
- Red Meadow car park (slow charger) - owned by Ross Town Council
- Tenbury Road car park (fast charger) - owned by Bromyard and Winslow Town Council