- Membership is free
Overdue charges for books
- Adults (age 18 and over) per item - 20p per day (maximum £8 per item)
- Children (age 0 to 17) - No charge
Media hire charges
- DVDs (certificate PG, 12, 15, 18) - £2.50 per week (maximum £12.50)
- DVDs (certificate U) - weekly hire charge - £1 per week (maximum £6)
- Free information DVDs - No charge
- Adult audio books - £2 per 3 week loan (maximum £8)
- Children's and teenage audio books - £1 per 3 week loan (maximum £4)
- Language courses - £2 per 3 week loan (maximum £8)
Repeat hire charges are applicable for each subsequent loan period, or part of a loan period and are payable when you return the item.
- Items on Herefordshire catalogue - No charge
- Inter-library loan - £6
- Renewal of inter-library loan - £6
Replacement library card
- Adults - £1
- Children (age 0 - 17) - No charge
Printing and photocopying
- Black and white A4 - 10p per sheet
- Black and white A3 - 20p per sheet
- Colour A4 - 40p per sheet
- Colour A3 - 80p per sheet
Research and enquiries
Herefordshire Libraries are unable to carry out general research on behalf of customers, but may be able to assist with specific enquiries, or direct enquirers to specialist services.
Many local history resources, including photographs, maps, newspapers, and local eBooks, are now available online via Herefordshire Libraries' Herefordshire History website: www.herefordshirehistory.org.uk. A small charge is made for prints and downloads to support the ongoing development of the project.
We are always pleased to receive donations of images, letters, maps, or other suitable items which reflect the character and history of Herefordshire. Even modern photographs are useful since they help us build a visual archive for the future. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals are permitted to use, download, transmit, or print images from the Herefordshire History website for private, research, or educational purposes, but not for publication or any other commercial purpose without express permission from Herefordshire Libraries.
For print publications and TV or film our standard reproduction charges are:
- Print publications - £12 per image (including VAT). Concessionary rates may be available on request for charities and non-profit organisations
- TV or film reproduction - £25 per image (including VAT). This licenses an image for use in one programme, film or series, including repeat transmissions (including iPlayer). If the image is re-used in a new programme, film or series, it is deemed a new application and the standard reproduction fee will apply
In all cases we request a credit to Herefordshire Libraries and the Herefordshire History website: www.herefordshirehistory.org.uk.
All income from prints, downloads and reproductions is used to maintain and develop our local history collections and the Herefordshire History website.