Skip to main content

Environment and waste


  • Animal welfare

    Advice about keeping livestock, apply for an animal movement licence

  • Conservation

    Conservation areas, listed buildings, archaeology, ecology, landscape, tree and hedgerow protection

  • Floods

    What to do before, during and after a flood, watercourse consents, what we are doing to minimise flood risk

  • Food safety and standards

    Food hygiene, food standards, food premises inspections, how to complain about foodstuffs

  • Harmful weeds and invasive plants

    Find out about weeds such as Japanese Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam, Giant Hogweed, Common Ragwort

  • Housing and public health

    Get advice on improving the quality of your home and find out about the responsibilities for landlords and tenants

  • Parks and open spaces

    Walks and trails, parks, countryside sites, nature reserves, play areas, commons and AONBs in the county

  • Pollution and pests

    Pest control, noise nuisance, air pollution, asbestos, land drainage, water supply, contaminated land, environmental permits

  • Recycling and waste

    Bin collection days, what to recycle, recycling centres, large item, trade and clinical waste collections

  • Street care

    Fly tipping, toilets, abandoned vehicles and supermarket trolleys, litter, graffiti, dogs, fly posting and CCTV

  • Sustainability

    Carbon management, environmental impact, eco-schools, renewable energy, electric car points and LED street lights

A to Z of services