- Information held about you
Choose how you move is a project that aims to improve quality of life and ease access to education and employment by promoting and supporting increased walking, cycling, bus travel and smart car use. Choose how you move (CHYM) is funded by the Department for Transport.
If you consent to images of you and/or your child or children to be taken and used in advertising and promotion to support CHYM we need to collect and hold some personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as your name, your child's name, address, telephone number and email address
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Your personal data will not be shared.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Check that we have valid consent to use your images
- Contact you in the event of any uncertainty
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our legal obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Who we will share your information with
We will not share your information or images with partner organisations or anybody else.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will assume your consent to have lapsed 10 years after it was given or if the CHYM project is discontinued. All information and images will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
o request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Service web page