- Information held about you
The commercial and finance functions are responsible for reporting on the financial transactions and performance of the council's agent, Balfour Beatty Living Places (BBLP).
Certain functions of Balfour Beatty Living Places will require personal data from time to time in order to execute the orders of the council on their behalf. This data may be relevant to financial reporting requirements to ensure appropriate financial control is maintained on the council's behalf.
- Who is processing your data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the council has a duty to inform you about how your personal data will be handled.
Herefordshire Council is the data controller for the purposes of the GDPR and the information that you provide will be processed by the council's agent, Balfour Beatty Living Places, the data processor for the purposes of the GDPR.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
- Generation of invoices and/or remittance advice notes
- Any other aspect of commerciality required by Herefordshire Council in accordance with delivering the public realm contract
- How the law allows us to use your information
The commercial and finance teams process your data on behalf of Herefordshire Council in accordance with the following legislation:
- Companies Act 2006
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Legal Services Act 2007
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- VAT legislation published by HMRC relating to financial transactions
- Other relevant legislation produced by HMRC impacting financial transactions
The legal basis for processing personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject.
- Who we will share your information with
The commercial and finance functions may view the data set out above and may share your data where legally authorised to do so, for example:
- With any third party who has legal authorisation to view commercial and financial data
- Third parties include external auditors who are authorised to conduct work in accordance with relevant audit or HMRC legislation
- How long we keep your personal information
Your data is kept in accordance with our retention schedule.
- Your rights
Individuals have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request their information. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Balfour Beatty Living Places administers traffic management on behalf of Herefordshire Council and the information you provide will only be used for the stated purpose.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
You can find further information about the processing of your data on the data protection page.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- December 2019