The council's public realm contract for providing services includes highways, public rights of way, parks and open spaces, street cleaning and street lighting.
Balfour Beatty were awarded the contract in 2013 and the procurement for the contract set out to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensuring our roads, public open spaces and streets are accessible, safe, clean and well-maintained
- Maintaining the delivery of essential services
- Achieving value for money, facilitated by process improvement and transparency through open book accounting
- Achieving service delivery which is efficient and responsive to local needs and priorities and
- Contributing to the regeneration of the economy and social capital in Herefordshire
Some of the documents below have been redacted in part to protect the commercial interests of Herefordshire Council and of Balfour Beatty.
View the key documents which form the contract: