- Information held about you
Our aim is to provide flexible services under the Children and Families Act 2014 for a person who has parental responsibility for a child, the child themselves or a young person (up to age 25 who is in education or training) who has special educational needs and/or a disability. The role of Herefordshire SENDIAS is to ensure service users have access to confidential and impartial information, advice and support to empower them to participate fully in making choices and decisions around education, health and social care to ensure their transition into adulthood is successful. This is achieved by working in partnership with relevant agencies and ensuring service user views influence local policy and practice.
To provide SENDIAS services to you, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number, email address
- Contact we have had with you such as meetings and telephone calls
- Notes about the nature of your enquiry and issues that you are facing
- SEND type and needs
- School attending and year group
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with current data protection legislation. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will use the information that you have provided to the service about you to:
- Provide impartial information, advice and support to enable the child or young person to participate fully in making choices and decisions around education, health and social care to ensure their transition into adulthood is successful
- Enable children, young people and parents/carers to gather, understand and interpret information and apply it to their own situation
- How the law allows us to use your information
Your consent which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us.
- Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information with other organisations without your consent. However, there may be circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we believe that harm has or might occur to the client or others.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only use your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept until the young person has reached the age of 25 plus five years after (to the age of 30). All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under current Data Protection legislation including the right to request your information and to request the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the SENDIAS Manager, SENDIAS, Town Hall, 10 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ.
You also have the right to make a complaint about the handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact SENDIAS at the above address.
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- April 2018