SENDIAS - Special educational needs and disabilities information, advice and support service
Herefordshire Special Educational Needs and/or Disability Information, Advice and Support (SENDIAS) service provides an impartial and confidential support service for parents and carers of children, and young people up to the age of 25, with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We offer free advice and one-to-one support about education, social care and health entitlements, and can help you plan your son or daughter's future.
- Help you understand what you should expect from statutory services and other agencies, especially at key transition stages, for example, moving from primary education to secondary education or college
- Provide one-to-one support and free legal advice during Education, Health and Care Plan assessment
- Support you at meetings to make sure your views or those of your son or daughter are heard and understood
- Help you complete forms, write letters and support you when dealing with organisations, agencies and professionals
- Offer advice and guidance through education and training including help with school admissions and exclusions
- Prepare you for appeals and tribunals
- Signpost other service providers and resources that may be of help