- Information held about you
To process your application for school transport, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Your personal information (such as your name and address)
- Your child's personal information (such as their name, address, date of birth and their photo that is provided with their application)
- Special category information (Education Health and Care Plan status and detail of any SEN)
- Details about your household income, where parents apply for low income assessment
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We use your personal information to assess your child's eligibility for school transport assistance.
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is our public task and statutory requirement to provide a bus service for mainstream entitled children and SEN children.
- Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:
- Teams within Herefordshire Council working to improve outcomes for children and young people
- Transport teams within Herefordshire Council
- Commissioned providers of transport services
- Hoople Ltd for the processing of payments
Subject to strict agreements describing how it will be used, your information will also be shared with:
- Third party providers of software solutions used to manage the transport provision
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for six months following the date of last use. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the school transport team in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page
- Last updated date
- October 2019