- Information held about you
To keep you updated on issues relating to the council's electric vehicle charging network it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Your name, email address and phone number if provided
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Keep you updated on issues relating to the council's electric vehicle charging network
- Keep you updated on issues relating to electric vehicle charging and electric/hybrid vehicle ownership in general if it is relevant to the local area
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our legal obligation under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Who we will share your information with
We will not share your information with any partner organisations or third parties without your prior consent.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your information until you choose to opt out or the email group is discontinued. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the energy and active travel team firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email email@example.com
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page