- Information held about you
To meet our legal obligations in relation to self and custom build and for us to keep you informed about opportunities for self and custom build in the county, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. This information will include:
- Basic details about you such as address, telephone number, email address
- Further optional information we ask which will help us to build a picture of the demand for self and custom build in Herefordshire
We will only ever publish anonymised details about the entrants on the register to provide headline information about the level and type of demand on the register.
- Who is processing your data
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The data controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
- How we will use the information we hold about you
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Notify you of any new opportunities for self and custom build within Herefordshire that we are aware of
- Notify you of any local initiatives in relation to self and custom build that we are aware of
- How the law allows us to use your information
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us
- Our legal obligation under the Self and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015
- Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. We will only share the minimum information for the purpose, on a need to know basis and with appropriate individuals.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your information until consent to do so is withdrawn. You have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01432 383357. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information is amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to provide proof of identification and write to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Providing accurate information
- It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us so that we can update your records.
- Further information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact Forward Planning in the first instance.
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about data protection and how it applies to you on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Service web page