- Material / item
- Garden waste, compostable materials
- Grass clippings, weeds, hedge trimmings, Christmas trees
- How to recycle / dispose
- Do not put in rubbish or recycling. Take to local tip for composting, or compost in your own garden if you have room.
- Other options
- Home composting, take to local tip for recycling into compost, purchase green bags for kerbside collection,
- Find your local tip and recycling centre
- More information
Herefordshire Council green bags for garden waste
We can collect garden waste if it is placed in Herefordshire Council green sacks. These are collected at the same time as your black bin, or black bags, every fortnight and are sent to landfill.
See Garden waste for information about composting, and where to buy green bags for collection of garden waste to go to landfill.
In Herefordshire, if you take your garden waste to a household tip for recycling, it will be turned into compost.
Check local services for green waste recycling collection.