Ross-on-Wye Household Recycling Centre is located on Station Approach close to Morrisons supermarket. The site is operated by Severn Waste Services Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council and Worcestershire County Council.
- Covid-19 information
Open for pre-booked vehicles only
- From 1 October to 31 March - 8am to 4pm Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Open 10am to 4pm on bank holiday Mondays
- From 1 April to 30 September - 8am to 6pm Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Open 10am to 5pm bank holiday Mondays
How to book
You must book online to visit Ross-on-Wye household recycling centre using the button below.
You must be a resident of Herefordshire and provide your address and vehicle registration number. You can book a slot up to 14 days in advance.
- You will not be allowed access to the site without a pre-booked pass
- Bookings can only be made online
- Booking is available for residents of Herefordshire only
- You will need to provide your address and vehicle registration
- A pass will be provided that you can show on your mobile device or print out
- Residents may book up to 4 slots every 14 days
- Anyone wishing to use a commercial type vehicle or a trailer larger than 1.3m in length will still require a (CVT) permit, through separate application
- Bicycles and pedestrians are permitted at this site. Pre-booking is required as for any other user
- Materials accepted at this site
This site now has a re-use container that takes furniture and bric-a-brac.
Waste material Accepted Re-usable item container - including bicycles Yes Asbestos No Batteries Yes Books / CD / DVD No Cans Yes Car batteries Yes Cardboard Yes Chemicals (including non-water based paints) No Clothes / textiles Yes Cooking oil Yes * Engine oil Yes Fluorescent tubes Yes Foil Yes Fridges and freezers Yes Garden waste Yes Glass bottles Yes Low energy light bulbs Yes LPG containers (gas bottles) Yes Mobile phones Yes Paper Yes Plasterboard No Plastic bottles Yes Printer toner cartridges No Ink jet printer cartridges Yes Scrap metal Yes Soil and rubble Yes Televisions Yes Tyres Yes Small electrical appliances Yes Wood Yes General waste (including water based paints) Yes
* cooking oil is not recycled
Find out where to dispose of an item in our A-Z of waste and recycling.
- Find out where to recycle a particular item
- Garden waste and compost
Please be advised that garden waste bigger than 2 metres in length, and 100mm in diameter cannot be accepted on compactor sites as indicated above.
- Household recycling centre rules
- Only your own household waste can lawfully be deposited at household recycling centres in Herefordshire
- No commercial or business waste is accepted
- No clinical waste is accepted
- Soil and hard-core are not classified as household waste, but you may bring it if the waste is a result of doing work to your own home
- A commercial vehicle and trailer (CVT) permit scheme is in operation to restrict use of commercial vehicles and trailers over 1.3m in length. You must apply for a permit in advance if you wish to use a commercial vehicle or trailer to bring your household waste to a site
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site
- Further information