Hereford Household Recycling Centre is located in Rotherwas, off the relief road roundabout. The site is operated by Severn Waste Services Ltd on behalf of Herefordshire Council.
- Covid-19 information
- Open hours: 8am to 6pm - 7 days per week
- From 1 October 2020 – 31 March 2021 open 8am to 4pm 7 days per week
From Monday 14 September 2020 you will need to book before you visit the site.
How to book
You must be a resident of Herefordshire and provide your address and vehicle registration number. You can book a slot up to 14 days in advance.
- You will not be allowed access to the site without a pre-booked pass
- Bookings can only be made online
- Booking is available for residents of Herefordshire only
- You will need to provide your address and vehicle registration
- A pass will be provided that you can show on your mobile device or print out
- Residents may book up to 4 slots every 14 days
- Anyone wishing to use a commercial type vehicle or a trailer larger than 1.3m in length will still require a (CVT) permit, through separate application
- Pedestrians are NOT currently permitted
- Bicycles must pre-book a slot in the same way as other vehicles
Please do not visit unless it is necessary for you to do so and read the full guidelines before you visit to see how the site will operate.
Chapel Road Industrial Estate
- 01432 343420
- What can you recycle?
Asbestos will only be accepted on site if it is double bagged or wrapped in plastic sheeting and sealed. Upon arrival at a household recycling centre you should identify to a site assistant that you wish to dispose of asbestos. It is also advisable to contact the site in advance to ensure there is available capacity. Any material deposited must be able to fit into the container openings which measure 84cm by 158cm.
- Paper and cardboard
- Glass jars and bottles
- Plastic bottles
- Textile banks
- Green waste
- Household batteries
- Electrical appliances
- Fluorescent tubes and energy saving lightbulbs
- Automotive batteries
- Used engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Food and drink cans
- Soil and rubble
- Wood and timber
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges
- Chemicals (including non-water based paints)
- Cement bonded asbestos
- Gas bottles
- Waste to landfill (including water based paints)
- Find out where to recycle a particular item
- Green waste and compost
Please be advised that green waste bigger than 2 metres in length, and 100mm in diameter cannot be accepted on compactor sites as indicated above.
- Household recycling centre rules
- Only your own household waste can lawfully be deposited at household recycling centres in Herefordshire
- No commercial or business waste is accepted
- No clinical waste is accepted
- Soil, hard-core and plasterboard are not classified as household waste, but you may bring it if the waste is a result of doing work to your own home
- A commercial vehicle and trailer (CVT) permit scheme is in operation to restrict use of commercial vehicles and trailers over 1.3m in length. You must apply for a permit in advance if you wish to use a commercial vehicle or trailer to bring your household waste to a site
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site
- Staff on site will be happy to help you, please ask if you require assistance
- Further information