Sustainable energy in public buildings
Herefordshire Council is the lead authority on the Marches-wide Sustainable Energy in Public Buildings Programme (2017-2020).
Capital grant is currently available to local authorities within the Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin areas, to enhance the energy efficiency of public buildings with innovative and supporting solutions.
The funding offers energy assessments, capital and project support for the installation of innovative and supporting energy efficiency measures in public buildings. Eligible projects can then apply for a capital contribution to cover up to 50-60 percent of an energy efficiency project as outlined by the assessment report.
The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) was established by the European Union. It helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations.
For more information visit the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth programme microsite.
The project is well underway and you can see the case studies for our first installations below:
- Herefordshire Council - Blueschool House
- Herefordshire Council - Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre
- Herefordshire Council - Leominster Multi Agency Office
- Shropshire Council - Greenacres Farm
- Shropshire Council - Shrewsbury Market Hall
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Darby House
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Telford Ice Rink
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Wellington Civic and Leisure Centre
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Telford Ice Rink phase 2
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Oakengates Tennis Centre phase 1 and 2
- Herefordshire Council - 8 St Owen Street
- Herefordshire Council - Museum Resource Learning Centre
- Herefordshire Council - Hereford Crematorium
- Shropshire Council - Shropshire Archives
- Shropshire Council - Severn Valley Country Park
- Shropshire Council - Bridgnorth Library
- Shropshire Council - Theatre Severn
- Telford and Wrekin Council - Wellington Civic and Leisure Centre Phase 2