School holidays activities and food programme (HAF fund)
Herefordshire Council are looking for groups or organisations who work with children and young people to assist us in delivering our school holidays activities and food programme across Herefordshire during the 2022 Easter, summer and Christmas holidays.
Children from disadvantaged families are more likely to experience 'unhealthy holidays' in terms of nutrition and physical health and more likely to experience social isolation. Using funding provided by the government we are looking to set up a range of free holiday clubs across the county to help us tackle this issue.
The funding will ensure that over 3,600 Herefordshire children and young people who receive benefits related free school meals, are offered the opportunity to take part in creative and sporting activities during these holidays and receive a free healthy meal during the sessions.
The aim of our holidays activities and food programme
The aim of the programme is to deliver a total of 64 hours provision, used flexibly (for example, eight hours over two days a week) for six weeks of the summer holiday. There is flexibility over the summer holiday and this provision could include evening or weekends. All children attending the activity sessions will be offered a free healthy meal.
What we need activity providers to be able to do
To be able to run these activities we need your experience and resource as a provider. Before you can apply to be part of this exciting scheme we will need you to be able to:
- Provide a plan of stimulating and enriching activities and resources for children including those with Special Educational Needs, physical and hidden disability
- Follow School Food standards offering at least one meal a day such as breakfast, lunch or tea (external food provider can be sourced if required)
- Provide evidence of required accredited qualifications
- Evaluate the success of the scheme
- Be an enthusiastic community champion who is passionate about co-ordinating inclusive, fun and enriching activities with the desire to enable children from low income families to take part in opportunities for all for children and young people
Who can apply
- Community groups, faith groups, charity and voluntary sector, community interest companies
- Organisations or groups that can offer a new bespoke provision to children and young people in Herefordshire
- Organisations or groups which are part of already existing holiday provision in the area
- A mixed arrangement depending on the local supply and demand for provision
This fund is now closed
Applications closed at midnight on Sunday 12 June 2022.
If you have already applied and have any questions, please get in touch using the details below.
What happens next
Submitted applications will be reviewed against the HAF programme criteria by the grants panel on Thursday 16 June. We will inform all applicants of the outcome during the week commencing 20 June. If we require more information you will be contacted by a member of the HAF team.
Offer conditions will be sent out to successful applicants. On return of the signed agreement and condition offer 50 percent of the grant allocation will be awarded during the week commencing 4 July 2022.
HAF Programme 2022 contact details
If you have a question about the Herefordshire Holiday Activities and Food Programme, please contact our HAF project team by email.Send Email