Report an incident

We share responsibility for enforcing health and safety standards with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). You can find advice and support about your workplace health and safety on the Health and Safety Executive website.

We are usually responsible for activities at or connected with:

  • Offices (except local government offices)
  • Shops
  • Hotels
  • Restaurants
  • Leisure premises
  • Nurseries and playgroups
  • Pubs and clubs
  • Museums (privately owned)
  • Places of worship
  • Sheltered accommodation and residential care homes

The HSE is responsible for health and safety matters connected with the following types of workplace:

  • Factories
  • Farms
  • Building sites
  • Hospitals and nursing homes
  • Central and local government premises
  • Schools and colleges
  • Gas, electricity and water systems
  • Fairgrounds

You can find enforcing agencies on the HSE authority page.

Report a workplace accident

Under the RIDDOR regulations, you need to report any incidents or accidents at your workplace in Herefordshire. There is more information on what to report and who should report it on the HSE website. To report an accident at a Herefordshire workplace, you can report:

  • Online via the HSE website for all incidents for the workplace they are responsible for (see above)
  • For death or major injury only, call the HSE Incident Contact Centre on 0345 300 9923 (opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm)
  • Use the contact us form to inform us of incidents or concerns at the workplace we are responsible for (see above)

Health and safety privacy notice