Details of parent/guardian/carer

View Herefordshire Council’s full home to school transport policy.

General policy

In accordance with legislation, Herefordshire Council provides home to school transport to children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan who attend the nearest school to their home address that meets their needs. In order to qualify, the child must reside two miles or more from that school if the child is under the age of 8, and three miles or more if over the age of 8.

Where the distance to the appropriate school is less than the statutory walking distances and/or when a child has no statement of SEN or EHCP, travel assistance will be considered, taking into account the individual circumstances and the travel needs of children with significant sensory, physical, medical or behavioural difficulties that prevent them from getting to school even when accompanied by a parent or carer.

Additional entitlement applies to families on low income. Please read the school transport policy for full details.

Completion of this form does not confirm entitlement to transport assistance. All applications will be assessed against the Herefordshire Council Home to School Transport Policy. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the assessment in writing, within 20 working days.


Date Protection and data use

Herefordshire Council is the Data Controller under data protection law and will use the information you provide on this form for the purpose of organising your transport. The legal basis for processing this data is our legal obligations under the Education Act 1996 legislation. We will store your data securely for six years after any transport ceases in line with the Data Retention Schedule. Herefordshire Council will only share your data with the transport operators and the school in order to provide you with transport. Individuals have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request their information. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.