Home First reablement service
Home First is Herefordshire Council's Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered reablement service.
The service is for anyone over the age of 18 who is eligible for social care support and would benefit from a period of reablement.
Home First is available for people who may have experienced:
- A fall at home
- A crisis at home
- A temporary illness or permanent disability
- A change in circumstances relating to you or your carer
Reablement is a short period of rehabilitation and will support a person to:
- Regain skills and confidence in completing everyday tasks and activities such as making meals, washing and dressing yourself
- Support you to gain new skills to help you manage at home
- Help avoid unnecessary admission to hospital or long term residential care
- Help you get back on your feet after a stay in hospital
We will complete an initial assessment at your home to draw up a support plan to identify the support and therapy you need to improve your current abilities.
Home First can visit for an hour up to four times a day. This will depend on the needs identified in your initial assessment.
The staff team consist of assessment and review officers, reablement workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and therapy assistants.
How to refer to Home First
You, your family or your carer can refer to Home First by calling the advice and referral team on 01432 260101.
You can also be referred to the service by a health and/or social care worker.