Living aids, equipment and telecare
There are lots of gadgets and aids on the market to help you live at home independently for longer. Medical and personal care aids improve day-to-day living, while kitchen and other gadgets can help with daily tasks. Tracking devices and detectors can help you stay in touch and stay safe from fire and flood. You can buy many of these items on the high street or online.
Equipment and equipment return
We provide equipment and living aids to some children and adults to help them live safe, healthy and independent lives. NRS Healthcare delivers the Integrated Community Equipment Store service for Herefordshire Council.
Please return any equipment you no longer need.
We are currently short of the following items:
- Height adjustable shower chairs
- Perching stools
- Toilet frames
- Door frame ramp
- Toilet frame
- Bed rails
Return the item directly to the store at Unit 3a, Thorn Business Park, Rotherwas, Hereford, HR2 6JT
Email NRS on email@example.com to arrange collection.
Call NRS on 0300 100 0045 to arrange collection.
Sensory impairment service
We contract a sensory impairment service to help and advise people who have problems with their vision or their hearing. You can access this service by contacting the advice and referral team, email ASCAdviceandReferralTeam@herefordshire.gov.uk or call 01432 260101.
Telecare is a lifeline alarm that triggers an alert if activated by a type of sensor. It's great for people with learning or physical disabilities or who have sensory impairment and live at home. It can also support people who are frail, have limited mobility or are at risk of falling. It gives you confidence and assures your carers that you can be safe.
If you are eligible for adult social care, the council will provide this service for you. Our advice and referral team will be able to advise you on whether you are eligible for an assessment:
- Telephone: 01432 260101
Websites providing equipment
- Tunstall - telecare equipment
- Possum - telecare equipment
- Easylink - standalone/carer equipment
- Lifemax - standalone/carer equipment
- Canary - lifestyle monitoring
- At Dementia - dementia specialist advice and assistive technology
- Living made Easy - specialist advice and daily living equipment
- RNIB sight impairment - including assistive technology
- Action on Hearing Loss - hearing impairment including assistive technology
- Telephone: 01432 260101
- Email: ASCAdviceandReferralTeam@herefordshire.gov.uk
For advice on assistive technology
- Telecare team
- Telephone: 01432 261650
Adult social care contact details
The advice and referral team is your first point of contact for help and support in accessing adult social care and to arrange care and carer assessments and financial assessments.
- Emergency out of hours telephone number: 0330 123 9309
- Locality teams contact details
- Feedback and complaints
- Protect someone