Flood recovery grants
On 18 February 2020, central government announced that they will provide financial support to those affected by flooding in Herefordshire from storms Dennis and Ciara.
Applications for our hardship schemes are now closed.
Community Flood Recovery Grant for residential properties
- The grant was for £500 and paid direct to the household
- Households were eligible where flood water entered the habitable areas of the property, or the residence was considered unliveable for any period of time due to flooding
- The grant did not apply to empty homes, second homes or student accommodation
- Flooding support leaflet - home
Business Flood Recovery Grant for business premises
- The grant was up to £2,500 per small / medium sized enterprises affected, as a grant paid direct to the enterprise
- Enterprises were eligible where the enterprise is directly impacted or has directly suffered losses of as a result of the flooding that cannot be recovered from insurance
- Charities, community groups, not for profit organisations, village hall committees, clubs (sporting and other types) and associations were eligible as long as they met the definition of Enterprise in the context of small / medium sized businesses. These organisations had to demonstrate their uninsured loss
- Flooding support leaflet - business