Monday 28 January to midnight on Monday 11 March 2019
Improving the quality of design in projects across Hereford city
The role of the Hereford Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is to provide design guidance and good practice advice to help developers, applicants and council officers improve the quality of design in new development, public realm and movement projects across the city. The Hereford Design Guide will also inform emerging policies within the Hereford Area Plan.
In supplementing adopted policy, the Design SPD will be used by:
- Planning Officers to assess the design quality of development proposals when determining planning applications and offering pre-application advice
- Council members when assessing development proposals in advance of and at planning committee
- Applicants and developers when preparing their schemes
This document will support the emerging Hereford Area Plan. It will be adopted by the council as a Supplementary Planning Document and will form part of the Local Development Framework. The purpose of the document is to add greater detail in terms of design guidance for new development, views and building heights, public realm and movement proposals for the city.
Public consultation on the guide opens on Monday 28 January and runs until midnight on Monday 11 March 2019.
There is an information drop-in at The Courtyard Theatre, Edgar Street, Hereford on Wednesday 13 February, from 1pm until 4pm.
You'll be able to view the Hereford Design Guide and will have the opportunity to talk to the writers of the guide and to Herefordshire Council planning officers and find out more.
We would like to hear your views
or download a questionnaire
- Draft Hereford Design Guide SPD questionnaire (PDF)
- Draft Hereford Design Guide SPD questionnaire (Word)
and return to the addresses below.
All comments must be received no later than midnight on Monday 11 March 2019.
Please send your completed questionnaire or written consultation responses to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Planning Policy, Plough Lane, Hereford, HR4 0LE
If you have any questions about the consultation, you can call us on: 01432 260137 or 01432 383357.
Published: Monday, 28th January 2019