6 February to 20 March 2018. This consultation is closed. Reports recommending a preferred route have been published.
This consultation ran from 6 February to 20 March 2018 and is now closed.
Feedback and reports available July 2018
Based on the technical work and the public consultation feedback, more detailed reports have been produced which recommend a preferred route. The council's Cabinet considered these reports and recommendations at a meeting on Friday 27 July 2018 at 10am. In addition, the council's General Scrutiny Committee has called in the decision for pre-decision scrutiny and considered the issue on Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 10am. Both these meetings were held in public at the Shire Hall in Hereford, and anyone could attend to observe the proceedings.
The Hereford Bypass
The Hereford Bypass is a proposed new road to the west of the city. We are consulting on seven potential routes all of which include a new river crossing. The bypass would support the delivery of 6,500 homes and 6,000 jobs, a new university and expansion of the Hereford Enterprise Zone at Rotherwas.
Walking, cycling, bus and public space improvements
The bypass will enable the delivery of a package of measures in the city to increase walking, cycling and bus use for short distance journeys and a more attractive and healthier public space. The aim of the consultation is to give everyone the opportunity to find out more and give their views on the proposed bypass routes and a range of active travel measures for Hereford. The responses received from this consultation along with further evidence gathered will help formulate the next stage in the preparation of the Hereford Transport Package.
Exhibition panels and consultation documents for Hereford Transport Package consultation
- HTP consultation boards 1 to 5: 1 - Welcome; 2 - Problems; 3 - Objectives; 4 - Package Development; 5 - Seven possible routes for the Bypass
- HTP consultation boards 6 to 10: 6 - Appraisal of impacts; 7 Constraints map; 8 Constraints aerial map; 9 Walking,cycling, bus and public realm improvements; 10 Have your say on the HTP
- HTP consultation brochure February 2018
- Kings Acre Road junction map of potential crossing points
- Roman Road junction map of potential crossing points
- Easy read consultation guide
- Hereford Transport Model - Report of highways surveys
- HTP Phase 1 Consultation Report - August 2017
- HTP Phase 1 - feedback and responses
- HTP - Hereford Bypass - Corridor Assessment Framework - January 2018
- HTP Phase 2 Consultation Statement - February 2018
- FAQs HTP Feb 2018
If you would like help to understand these documents, or would like them in another format or language, please call customer services on 01432 261800 or e-mail HerefordTransportPackage@balfourbeatty.com
If you have any questions about the Hereford Transport Plan consultation you can call us 01432 261800 or email us HerefordTransportPackage@balfourbeatty.com
Published: Friday, 26th January 2018