Herefordshire Council will tour county to gather public opinion about proposed Corporate Plan priorities
Herefordshire Council is consulting with local people on a new four year Corporate Plan covering the period 2020-2024. This will determine the new council’s policy and investment priorities for Herefordshire and will set the scene for a more detailed consultation on the 2020-21 budget which will commence in early November.
Over the next three weeks, representatives from the council will be asking people across Herefordshire to help shape the Corporate Plan at a range of pop-up consultation events across the county There is also an online survey to provide feedback.
Councillor Liz Harvey, Herefordshire Council’s Cabinet Member for Finance and Corporate Services, said:
“We want Herefordshire Council’s priorities to reflect what is really important to people living and working in Herefordshire. We feel that community, economy and environment are the things people care most about. The events and online survey give people the opportunity to tell us if they agree with this, before we set our budgets for future work.”
Over the next three weeks the council welcomes views about the proposed Corporate Plan at the following locations:
- Hereford High Town Market - Thursday 26 September, 10am to 3pm
- Young Farmers Ploughing Match, Dorstone Court - Sunday 29 September, 9am to 1pm
- Blueschool House, Hereford - Monday 30 September, 10am to 12pm
- Ledbury Market Hall - Tuesday 1 October, 10am to 2pm
- Blueschool House, Hereford - Wednesday 2 October, 10am to 12pm
- Ross Library - Thursday 3 October, 10am to 3pm
- Leominster Corn Square - Friday 4 October, 10am to 2pm
- Kington Market - Friday 11 October, 10am to 3pm
- Hereford High Town Market - Saturday 12 October, 10am to 3pm
The closing date for the consultation is Monday 21 October 2019.
Herefordshire Council welcomes online comments which can be shared by taking part in the quick survey at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/ambition
Published: Thursday, 26th September 2019