Councillor David Hitchiner, Leader of Herefordshire Council, has today announced changes to his cabinet member portfolios.
The Leader will continue to direct the council’s corporate policy and strategy and have overall budget responsibility.
The changes to cabinet member portfolios are as follows:
- Councillor Felicity Norman (Deputy Leader): Children and Families
- Councillor Gemma Davies: Commissioning, Procurement and Assets
- Councillor Ange Tyler: Community and Place-based Services
- Councillor Trish Marsh: Environment, Economy and Skills
- Councillor Liz Harvey: Finance and Corporate Services
- Councillor Pauline Crockett: Health and Adult Wellbeing
- Councillor John Harrington: Infrastructure and Transport
Councillor David Hitchiner, Leader of Herefordshire Council, said:
“The initial cabinet appointments enabled business continuity within the council and provided me with time to explore the skills and interests of the cabinet team. The revised cabinet portfolios better reflect these skills and interests, as well as grouping areas together in a more logical way. Tourism has been added as an area of responsibility given its importance to the local economy. Other changes reflect emerging priorities, such as our commitment to the climate emergency and community engagement. The holistic approach to the new portfolios ensures there is a breadth of coverage of key services across the whole cabinet.”
Published: Friday, 21st June 2019